Are you a software professional at heart and looking for a challenging job. Due to the expansion of our activities we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced: Senior Software Engineer (m/f)
Imotec is looking for a senior software engineer who will excel and thrive in a dynamic environment. The senior software engineer will be responsible for the development of our intelligent software for the dredging industry. We develop this software with our own engineers but also coordinate product development and software engineering with a group of engineers from our partners and in close cooperation with dredging experts and clients. Ideal candidates should have a
solid background in software engineering, an excitement for international client interaction, and direct interest in reaching development goals in a team effort.
- You will actively contribute to our continuous improvement by sharing your ideas on new techniques and/or product improvements;
- You are an experienced software engineer but you enjoy working on mechatronical systems like dredging vessels;
- Implement and further develop in close collaboration with the Sales Team and Managing Director the software development plan. Make plans, budgets and reports with regards to software development. Maintain and monitor the agreed development targets in order to realize the commercial goals of the organization;
- Customer visits to build close relationships, know what they want, and develop the matching software. Proactively scanning the market to identify trends with regards to competition, customer or application or technology developments;
- Give technical support and informed and consultative advice to customers based on thorough product and process knowledge; help customers with their production related questions by offering Imotec’s products. Understand the client’s business goals, anticipate future needs and help determine ideal solutions;
- Responsible for the full software development cycle, from specification to delivery and off course maintenance;
- To work together with internal and external partners to coordinate the software development; Supervision and participation in professional organization and execution of software development;
- Modern approach in organizing adequate development process (Bitbucket, etc.);
- You are a team player and ensure collaboration with external engineers to offer the customer more than expected service. You maintain a professional relation with partners and clients;
- Take responsibility for daily operational activities and personnel.
- 8 years relevant experience in a similar position in a technical role;
- Experience in the dredging, or maritime industry or other relevant industries are a prerequisite;
- Bachelor or Master engineering degree or commercial education with relevant technical experience and interest;
- Affinity with mechatronics from a software standpoint is an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of Linux, C++, EtherCAT, Orocos, Qt;
- Experience with Agile work methods like scrum and real-time development;
- Good documentation and project management skills;
- You are an entrepreneur and flexible on working hours;
- You are have an excellent knowledge of English (written and verbal) and Dutch at least verbally;
- Comfortable with management level outreach;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong planning and research skills;
- Outgoing personality and great sense of humor;
- Willing to travel for occasional short business trips;
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands;
- Ability to analyze, document and organize software development.
- A challenging job in an innovative and dynamic company and an ambitious team of people;
- A high responsible and independent job;
- A very competitive salary package combined with a nice set of fringe benefits within an international and professional company.
Imotec BV is an international, high–end supplier of dredging automation and delivers an innovative dredging automation solution for monitoring, controlling and optimizing the dredging process. Our innovative “Intelligent Dredging Assistant” (IDA) offers accurate real-time information on board and in the cloud, allowing clients to truly optimize their production while lowering the costs of fuel and thus saving the environment. We combine the fast-paced, result driven culture of a high-tech
company combined with an analytical attitude and passion. We operate in a technology driven environment around the Twente University and High-Tech companies like our partner DEMCON at the Kennispark in Enschede, The Netherlands. But we have of course an international outlook and serve the world wide dredging companies.
Made to optimize
As a provider of software, robotic, and mechatronic solutions for the dredging industry our mission has always been service oriented: meeting the operational challenges of our clients with customized applications and comprehensive technical support. The attractive design of our Intelligent Dredging Assistant automation package for dredging vessels is based on this very same approach: by years of listening to our clients and by closely looking at the day-to- day operations on-board of their ships.
Please send your CV and motivation to Imotec BV.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please contact Jan Peters at telephone +31(0)85 77 317 45.
Senior software engineer, dredging automation, innovation, agile, mechatronics.